Sunday, February 13, 2005

Happy Fucking Birthday

So today I turn 24 years old. This has by far been the most horrific birthday ever. My first birthday since my parents found out about me having a boyfriend- not a girlfriend :-) Six months since all this shit started in my house- and granted I knew it was going to be hard and they weren't going to take it well, but I never thought it would get worse six months into it- if anything I figured things would get better with time. My mother has become cold towards me lately- barely speaking to me unless absolutely necessary. She claims to be depressed about her life, which is partially my fault because im gay. Whatever the case- given the fact that it is my birthday today, I at least expected sincere birthday sentiments from the woman who gave birth to me. But what do I get? A halfhearted "happy birthday...are you wearing jeans to the restaurant today?". That was it. No card. No hug. Nothing. I wish there were easy answers to situations like this. I wish I could say "I really don't care" or "well fuck them". As easy as it is for me to say fuck it to most people in this world, it doesn't apply to the people that live in this house. And as much as I wish I could talk to her, make her understand, do SOMETHING- it all falls on deaf ears. Unfortunately, my mother has the "always right" complex, so according to her "always right" mindset, I have made a horrible "decision" to be attracted to guys, a "decision" that is, in her words, "the worst thing in the world that could possibly happen to you" (yes- worse than terminal illness, drug addiction, etc..). A "decision" that means I will never be happy, that I will contract multiple sexually transmitted diseases and be a social outcast. Yeah. All that has been said to me- at one point or another. Crazy, right? So this is what it's been like in my house for the past six months. But today I thought at least a nice sincere birthday gesture would be in order. Guess I thought wrong. And the more I say it doesn't bother me, the more it eats me up inside. Anyone have an answer to this one? Because I'm really running out of ideas over here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home