Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Strange Dreams

Lately I've been going to bed earlier. Not like old people earlier, but earlier nonetheless. I usually fall asleep around 12 now, instead of 1-1:30. I sleep much better and wake up a hell of a lot more refreshed, but I do find that my dreams have gotten more bizarre. Here is some of what went on in my head last night:

Dream #1: The high school anxiety dream: I park my car in the parking lot of some random public (ugh) high school, where it is my first day of classes. I don't know anybody there, and I'm walking down the hallway by myself when I realize that I've forgotten my bookbag with my textbooks and paper and pens and lunch at home. I start panicking and wonder if I can drive home, get the bag and make it back in time before I'm too late and miss homeroom. I get home and start screaming at my dad to hurry up and help me find my bookbag, which is nowhere to be found in the house. I am petrified at the thought that I am going to get in trouble on my first day in this high school.

Dream #2: Six Flags: I'm walking through what is supposed to be Six Flags with my brother. There are two rollercoasters that reach so ridiculously high in the air, much higher than they would in reality. I comment on how I have no idea how anybody can actually go on those rides. So instead of going on the rides, my brother suggests we go in the arcade. When I go in the arcade and see all the games, I realize that it must be the 1980's, based on the games they have. I get all excited when I see all the games I used to play in the arcade when I was a kid. Then I notice that all the games cost 50 cents, which can't possibly be true of arcade games in the 1980's. This anachronism causes me to quickly wake up.

Anyone care to analyze that?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home