Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Playing God

Once in a while some sort of technological advancement comes along that makes you just stop what you're doing (quite literally, I'm sitting here in a towel when it occured to me to stop and write this) and think "how did I ever live without this?". Of course the internet comes to mind. I mean, before the internet where else could I see up to the minute updated pictures of Britney Spears' snatch (and C-section scar)? But that's not what this is about. Fuck the internet, this is about DVR.

DVR. Digital video recording? That was a lucky guess. Whatever the case, it's an extra 8$ a month on my Time Warner bill. Eight bucks to play God. The networks can no longer dictate to me when to watch "Heroes" or "Ugly Betty". I am in control now. Fuck you NBC. I'm going to watch "Greys Anatomy" at 3 am on a Sunday. Maybe I'm too busy shooting up Thursdays at 9 to spend quality time with Sandra Oh. And then theres the "list". Everything you've recorded. Never again can I say "eh there's nothing on". I have a list of fifty different things I've recorded over the past month that are just begging to be watched. Every rerun of "Family Guy" that runs on Fox 5. Every first run episode of "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" on the Cartoon Network. FUCKING RIGHT.

See, I'm that fired up over DVR. I'm fondly reminiscing of the days of VCR's. I never for the life of me could figure out how to program the damn thing to tape at a certain time. I would just leave it taping and hope that there was enough time on the tape to catch it.

So thank you Time Warner cable for allowing me to be the master of my own TV universe for just 8$ a month.

1 Comments:

At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are freelancing, why are you still listed on the Diggit website?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home