Tuesday, September 26, 2006

For Display Purposes Only

This is classic.

Friday night, I DJ'ed out in Philadelphia at Pure. It was a great time and the crowd was excellent. I played well, and I was pretty happy with my performance. Earlier in the night, we had noticed a large, 2-3 foot tall bottle of Vox Vodka in the hallway outside the DJ booth. At the end of the night, I jokingly asked Tre, the clubs' manager, if it was a gift for me. She nonchalantly told me to just take it. I did my whole "what?! no way! you're kidding me!!", to which she just told me that I could have it.

What to do with such an amazing gift. A three foot tall elliptical glass structure filled with a five time distilled expensive vodka. So many possibilities. So many drinks. I started planning a party in my head for the mere idea that the bottle could be the centerpiece for which the entire party would revolve around. A small shred of doubt told me that maybe this was too good to be true. Maybe there was no vodka in the bottle, but another clear liquid. Water? Rubbing alcohol? Nah- it HAD to be vodka.

Back at the hotel, we wasted no time opening up our treasure, like it was Christmas morning. Funny, it didn't smell a lot like vodka. In fact, it sort of smelled like Easter Egg dye. But no, it absolutely couldn't be anything other than 80 proof Vox vodka.

Then Jay decided to try some.

It was not vodka.

Luckily for Jay, he did not actually swallow any of it, as a closer inspection of the bottle revealed a rather large disclaimer that read: "THIS BOTTLE IS FOR DISPLAY PURPOSES ONLY. LIQUID CONTENTS NOT FOR CONSUMPTION".

Frank offered the idea that the liquid probably was, in fact, a sort of liquid blacklight that glows in the dark if put on display at a bar in a nightclub.

And that, my friends, is how smart we are.

3 Comments:

At 6:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[color=#9db]Hi everyone,
I don't know if it's the same for all of you but I love the world where we live in, especially for the new technology and now it seems to me impossible to stay without.
Above all, I like all kind of little stuff that I can put in my bag. As you can imagine my mobile phone play a center role in my daily life.
I can't resist to a new[/color] [url=http://www.ringtonelogo.info/sitemap3.html]nokia ringtone[/url][color=#9db]. I change several of them a month so I want a new one, immediately. The good part is I am an housewife so my husband have to pay and further to buy a subscription is not difficult.
Now I have to go.
Bye Bye
Tara.[/color]

 
At 5:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Nice site jamesanthony1.blogspot.com! Thank you!
hydrocodone
buy tramadol [url=http://ksiegi.emix.net.pl/wyswietl.php?user=leshi]tramadol[/url]

 
At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

unlock iphone 4
iphone 4 unlock
how to unlock iphone 4

http://www.canaltcm.com/infiltrada/post/2010/03/22/-unforgettable-trailer-del-docu-sobre-google-humano-el#c105340 http://www.webvertization.com/?guid=20051209093056
I tried up update my anti virus, which in return corrupted all of my drivers for mouse keyboard and back up hard drive. So I put in the only disc that came with the computer and was going to reinstall them, but it was a recovery disc. While it was doing whatever I noticed it said backing up files. When I got into the computer ....everything was gone.... So my question is... Is there any way possible to get any information back? At the moment there's something wrong that it won't even let my USB wireless internet to connect, so I can't download anything. You always hear that even though something is deleted it can still be found....is that the case here too? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
unlock iphone 4 iphone 4 unlock

iphone 4 unlock [url=http://unlockiphone44.com]unlock iphone 4[/url] unlock iphone 4 unlock iphone 4

 

Post a Comment

<< Home