Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Bullet Points

So once in a while I like to divert from my usual posts about random bullshit and just talk a little bit about what's going on in my life. I like those sort of posts because a year from now I can look back and see what my state of mind was at this point in time.

So where are we at?

It's the Wednesday before Labor Day. Bill is out of town this week (thank God) and I am seriously considering a job change. As much as love this lazy occupation, Bill is going to be shutting down one of the apps that I'm in charge of, leaving me in the lurch. He assured me that I still have a job here and that theres "plenty of other stuff to be done". But who knows. I'm gonna start looking. As much as I love/hate this place, I think my days are numbered.

What else what else what else.

I love my apartment. Things are going great with that whole situation. Life is good and Jay and I are very good to each other, and everything is in as good a balance as it can be (I cook, he cleans the dishes, etc..).

My parents live in Long Island now. That sort of sucks, but more than anything I'm just happy that they're happy with the new house and being out of Staten Island. I sort of miss the old house and the routine of everyone living together in the same house, but on the same note I'm over it. I think more than anything its just a knee jerk reaction to miss something that you can't have anymore. Though I do hope to get out to LI to visit my parents often enough. It's tough with my weekends being busy with DJ'ing.

Tom is now a college student, which is scary. I went up to Fordham this past Sunday to see him move into his dorm (same dorm I lived in freshman year). I am very happy for him, and I'm sure he'll do well. I am already plotting to go and visit him and stay overnight and act like a jackass like I did six years ago when I was a freshman.

I haven't seen my friends too much lately, mainly because my weekends have been so tied up, but I do miss them and I hope to see them all more in September.

The summer is almost over. The weather held up pretty good the entire summer up until last week, when it turned chilly and cold for some reason, and it's been that way for what seems like the past 2 weeks straight. Originally it looked like Labor Day weekend was going to be good weather, but now of course, Saturday is supposed to be soaking rains all day. Good times.

More to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home