Monday, October 24, 2005

Road To Essington

Most of you are familiar with Philadelphia- the "City Of Brotherly Love". Home of cheese steaks, the Liberty Bell and all that Revolutionary War and early American history junk I don't remember anymore. More thrilling than any history lesson though lies about 15 minutes outside of Philly, just past the airport. This place is Essington. I had the enormous pleasure of staying in Essington on Saturday night at the luxurious Holiday Inn. Essington has everything one would need to survive- a Denny's, an adult bookstore and about a half dozen generic Holiday Inn/Motel 6/Red Roof Inn/Comfort Inn hotel chains.

I had been looking forward to this weekend for some time. You see, my friend and fellow DJ Frank had been booked to spin at Pure a bunch of times before, but I had never gotten the chance to actually go down and see him. This time was different though, as it was his birthday and a good excuse to get out of NY for a night and go out and party in a different state.

Despite the pouring rain, it was a nice ride down. I was a little leery of the Essington Holiday Inn, based on past experiences with Holiday Inns with pre-moistened bed linens, but was relieved to see it was clean and roomy. Due to the weather, walking around the city wasn't going to happen- so we ate at a nice Irish Pub called...Irish Pub. The club itself was great. Frank introduced me to the manager, who I gave my CD's to. She also gave us a bottle of vodka in the DJ booth due to the fact that it was Frank's birthday.

Long story short- the bottle of vodka did not last long. Between Frank, Jay and myself we finished it and STILL wound up going to the bar and using drink tickets. It was a fun night, Frank is a great DJ, and I found out firsthand that Philly pizza sucks- even when you're wasted at 3:30 in the morning.

Good times

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home