Sunday, April 03, 2005

Albanian Night

Tonight’s entry comes to you from the DJ booth at Club Aqua at 2:25 AM. Strange place to be writing on my laptop, isn’t it? Well I decided in my infinite wisdom that in order to kill the boredom that is quickly becoming DJ’ing at this club, I would bring my laptop to keep me company. Good idea. So tonight Phil informed me that there was going to be some sort of “benefit” for a girl that got her leg chopped off or something and it would be taking place upstairs but would most likely spill into the downstairs main room. What I didn’t find out until I got to the club was that the “couple of hundred or so” people that Phil told me about were a bunch of drunken off the boat ALBANIANS. Bad news. Long story short, the night quickly disintegrated into a mess of broken headphones, a near brawl and some authentic Albanian jams. Needless to say, this will probably go down in history as one of the worst gigs ever. When I’m a big and famous DJ and an interviewer sits me down and asks me “what was one of the absolute worst gigs you’ve ever encountered?”, I will quickly respond “Albanian night at Aqua”. So basically they cleared the club out and now I’m playing “Brush Ya Shoulders Off” to 3 people. Well, on the bright side, there’s only one way to go but up from here, because I think tonight we just hit rock bottom. No fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home