Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008

2008 was no 1988, that's for sure.

For one, there was no Samantha Fox to serenade me with "Naughty Girls (Need Love Too)". I also did not gain any siblings this year, as I did twenty years ago.

2008 was the year I lost a job, tasted the bitter herb of unemployment for the first time in my life, got a new job that actually pays a salary and benefits, went from being soft and out of shape to being in the best physical form I've ever been in, got my first gray hairs and started to feel all growed up.

As I sit here writing this in my hotel room in Mexico City, pondering the thought of spending my first New Year ever all alone, waiting for the car to pick me up to bring me to my DJ gig, I feel like 2009 is going to be a good year. I think I've reached a point in my life where I've surrounded myself with the right people and found the motivation I need to get what I want out of this fucked up world.

So tonight, as I look out over the skyline of Mexico City, I'll say Happy New Year to myself and smile and look forward to what lies ahead. It wasn't such a bad year after all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home